HELP! Jailbreaking conversion question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipodfan4eva, Jul 21, 2008.

1. ipodfan4eva macrumors newbie

Hey there everyone, I have an iPod Touch that is jail"broken" with 1.14...but I want to upgrade to the 2.0 firmware.

First of all, is 2.0 worth it? I think it is since I am interested in a couple of the new applications.

Secondly, if I try and download the 2.0 firmware, will that mess up the iPod Touch since I already have it jailbroken?

Can I jailbreak it after I upgrade to 2.0?

Thanks for any help or links!

2. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

Dude,

I'd wait couple more days then upgrade to the 2.0

So many people are complaining in the forums about errors and stuff. Just wait a while and hopefully the bugs will be fixed.

3. dagored macrumors 65816

1. No - Crashes - I played with it for 2 days - not worth it yet.

2. Yes - but nothing to load. Give the programmers some time to port. Like a few weeks.

To JB. Download Pwnage 2.0.1 - download a copy of Touch SW iPod1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw or find it on your Mac - look in Library/iTunes/iPod Software Updates.

Plug in your Touch launch Pwnage - it will look for the software and then hack it for you - it takes a litttle time. Now restore your Touch.

But, not much to load other than free or paid stuff from the App store.

4. volsfan macrumors regular

volsfan

if you do want to upgrade first restore then upgrade. i personaly upgraded from a 1.1.4 jailbroken one and i am completely regretting it

5. .Chris macrumors 6502a

.Chris

yep. just upgrade and dont do jailbreak. a waste of time and adds crap...