help Josh with AE final thread

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by puckhead193, May 8, 2007.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

My "Final" in after effects is tomorrow and I have a few questions/make sure i have the right info.

1. What is the difference between a mask and a track matte?
    2. Name three ways to animate in AE? scale, left/right, and up/down
    3. What is an Alpha Channel? take whatever is white into the images?? (I know what it is but how do i explain it in words)
    4. What is the difference between a rastor or bitmap and vector images? bitmap/rastor images loose quality when animating them.
    5. what is the purpose and benefit using vector images in AE. they don't loose their quality when zooming.
    6. purpose of pre-composing?
    7. purpose of adjustment layers?
    8. What is motion blur and why would you use it?
    9. Name the pixel resolution of HD and SD - HD 1920x1080/1920x720 SD 720x480
    10. Difference between spatial interpolation and temporal interpolation
    11. spacial keyframes, name 3
    12. temporal keyframes name each and purpose of them

Thanks for your help

2. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Well, I don't use After Effects, but some of these are just general questions about motion graphics in general so I will give them a go:

1. Not Sure
    2. What you mentioned sounds right, but can't you animate anything with values? Brightness values for instance.
    3. An Alpha channel is an extra "layer" that is invisibly applied to the picture that tells the program where certain tranparency values are. A white object often denotes full visibility whereas black denotes full transparency. This is useful for thing such as chroma keying where part of the image needs to be removed.
    4. Vector images aren't pixels, but are instead "equations" of sorts that tell the computer how to build an object from scratch. That is why they can be scaled as much as you like because the computer just recomputes the shape.
    5. See above, no quality is lost.
    6. Not sure.
    7. Not sure.
    8. Motion blur simulates the effect cameras face when trying to capture a moving object. If a camera's shutter stays open too long, motion lines will appear on the object in any given frame. It smooths the motion out.
    9. 1920x1080, and I think it is 1080x720 instead of 1920x720. Sd is 720x480
    12-12. Not sure.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

P-Worm

3. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

4. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193