Help!!! Just updated my new 4S and Camera Roll says its LOCKED!!!

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by cheapa55, Oct 15, 2011.

1. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

I just restored my wife's new phone with the old backup file and it now shows this picture when I try to enter the camera roll. Please help!!! Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

2. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Are you trying to get to Camera Roll from the lock screen? If so then this is the way it should work. Go back to the lock screen and properly unlock the phone, then access Camera Roll from your home screen and it should work.

3. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

I'm guessing that you didn't access the camera from the lock screen?

4. cheapa55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Correct. I didn't access from the lock screen. I just unlock the phone like normal and then try to access the camera roll and I get this.

5. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Reboot?
    If not, backup, restore and then restore from backup.

6. cheapa55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, yes, I'm going to have my wife restore the phone. I tried rebooting but got the same thing.

7. AML225 macrumors regular

Shot in the dark but try turning on passcode lock, doing a hard reset, turn off passcode lock, do another hard reset for good measure... Again I might be grasping at straws...

8. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

It may seem silly, but did you try accessing the multitasking bar, and close out the Photos and Camera apps?

9. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Are you sure when you restored from backup that it actually backed up pictures to the phone? I know when I first picked up my 4S yesterday and the camera roll was empty, this is the exact same screen I got. I think it's there to indicate there aren't any pictures present.

10. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

It's a bit of a rubbish error message if that is the cause. Another restore might fix the missing photos if though.

11. big samm macrumors 65816

Just set it up as a new phone !! Backups of previous versions always tend to give problems... Ex going from ios 4 to iOS 5 and use ios 4 backups to restore on iOS 5 not good my friend!