Help.. [keep macbook? or wait and hope MBA with retina will show up soon?]

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jasontran, Aug 3, 2015.

1. jasontran macrumors newbie

i currently have 2010 MBA, which is probably the best laptop ever i owned, but it's showing its age. i recently bought the new macbook as replacement but couldnt get myself to open it because i fear of regrets. what i really want is a MBA with retina, but it doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon...so should i go ahead and keep the macbook? or wait and hope the MBA with retina will show up soon?

thanks in advance

2. Falcon9 macrumors member

Falcon9

I wouldn't hold my breath. In fact, (and keep in mind this is just my personal opinion) I think it's more likely Apple will discontinue the MacBook Air then give it a retina display.

3. toddzrx macrumors 6502a

toddzrx

4. FuNGi macrumors 65816

FuNGi

+2. No more MBA. The MB is the new MBA. Send it back since you obviously have a premonition of regret. Use your 2010 MBA until the spring when the second Skylake MB comes out. Get that one or rebuy a 2015 MB in the refurb store.

5. Roman2K~ macrumors 6502a

+1

I don't see a reason for the MBA to exist in the future. I think the only reason it's still around is its processor speed advantage (and maybe also for people to adjust to the single port). I bet they'll keep producing it until fanless processors catch up to the performance of current MBAs, put it in the MB and get rid of the Air range. Leaving a lean notebook lineup of just MacBook and MacBook Pro.

6. Dayv macrumors 6502

Open and use your beautiful new Macbook. It is the new MBA.

7. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

MBA is dead.
    I'll bet we see a 14 or 15" Macbook Retina (non Pro) at some point...perhaps with a simultaneous "axe" on the Air line