Help! Keep on getting same old emails as NEW!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by windeyes6, Jun 14, 2007.

1. windeyes6 macrumors newbie

This is driving me crazy...I tried to do a search here but I haven't found any clear solution.
    I have been getting the same old "last year" email as "new" message lately. it is creepy!!! I don't want to remove my old emails from my mail serve, so I kept copies there. I tried to delete that specific email from serve so I don't have to get it anymore...now it is getting another old email as "new" emails again....

I have 2 different email accounts set up, one is from school, the other one is from Gmail, do you guys think that might be the issue? Is there anyway to fix it??? :-(

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. Schroedinger macrumors regular

Schroedinger

I would check with the tech support for whatever email is giving you the weird problems. It may be possible that something on their end is creating this problem for you. The key is to figure out what changed, and if you didn't change anything on your end, it must be on the other end.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Is this happening with both accounts? Is the school account POP3 or IMAP? :)

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I have 3 email accounts (all Gmail) and never have a problem like this.

5. windeyes6 thread starter macrumors newbie

The gmail account is ok, the school one is the one keep on getting same old emails.
    I think I set the school one to pop3...I'll change it to IMAP and see if it works...thank you for pointing that out..:D

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, well tell us how that goes. Also, does the school account have a webmail interface? If so, check it to see whether these new emails are showing up there too.