Help kernal panic or some crazy virus im scared

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SMkdesigns, Jan 24, 2009.

1. SMkdesigns macrumors regular

ok so my new 2.4 aluminum macbook which i have had for a while and its been amazing is having tons of isues.
    kernal panic the screen goes gray with a box in the middle with a power button behind it saying it need to hold the restart button and then presss it again.
    i called applecare and the lady had me delete the plist files and for some reason a couple kept coming back and would not delet virus maybe. but i did that then restarted my computer and my doc was full blown huge loast alot of data and all that. plus my computer started to play the video when installing leopard really odd. my email information is gone to...and now my aluminum macbook says in a pop up install box remote install mac osx helps you install mac os x on your macbook air what the ****.

also my hard drive icon on my desk top was renames to ]..

i am scared as to whats going on. i can usually fix most things
    this is messed up i think its a virus

all my applications have been un installed and stuff. this is so odd. the mac os x intro video huge dock and my computer telling me its a macbook air

what should i do please help

2. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

3. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Not true. However, there is basically zero chance that you will get one. From what you've described, it sounds like someone is taking over your computer.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

True, therefore there is basically zero chance that you will get one.

Reinstall from Install Disk 1.

5. bizzle macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

That? If so, there is something wrong with your computer, most likely hardware related.

6. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

yes thats the text box that started it all, it only happens when i am downloading something, i get that message and then have to restart but its way beyond that now

7. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

I've seen this screen 2 times. Its ALWAYS been when I pull out my AT&T 3G USB card.... I dont know whats causing it. It's only been twice but it's scary when it happens! :eek:
    :confused:

8. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

the dock is big because you deleted the "config" file for it, so it reverted to its original size