Help!! Keyboard and Trackpad Suddenly NOT Responding

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cherishzm, Jul 22, 2011.

1. cherishzm macrumors regular

My 2010 MBP 17 was working just fine until this morning when I restarted it (because Win 7 via Parallel did not start up properly and only showed black screen). I'm seeing the log-in screen where I put my password, but the keyboard/trackpad will not respond at all so I cannot log in. External keyboard/mouse do not respond as well (tried 2 external mouses). The power button is the only thing that seems responding. I tried SMC resets couple times but it fails to fix the issue. My main OS X is in a Samsung SSD in Optibay.

Weird thing is when I boot it to another OS X installed in the original HDD, it works just fine. So, it does not seem to be the keyboard/trackpad hardware issue. And, I can access the files in the SSD.

Can anyone suggest what to do to fix this issue? Any help would be appreciated!

2. cherishzm thread starter macrumors regular

When I press option button upon restart to select the boot drive, the keyboard/trackpad work fine.

I guess the SSD has gone partially bad?? :confused:

This is my main work computer and I cannot get it to work. I'm frustrated now.