Help! Keyboard & mousepad not working

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Darkjenso, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Darkjenso macrumors regular

Hey all,

I have a generic year old ish intel White MacBook and while on loan to a friend, apprently she left it in perfect working order, came back and neither the keyboard or the track pad mouse & click wasn't working, we are taking it to the apple store t have it looked at and she is offerng t cover anyrepair charges, but I would just thought. I'd ask here if anyone has any ideas.

I even tried toggling the caps lock and the light didn't even flicker.

~Jen~

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

3. Darkjenso thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the advice, could you tell me how that's done or link me to a page that explains it?

Much thanks

~Jen~

4. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

From Apple support:

Resetting PRAM and NVRAM

1. Shut down the computer.
    2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
    3. Turn on the computer.
    4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
    5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
    6. Release the keys.

Only perform an SMC reset on the computer if none of the above steps resolved the situation. If this is the case, see below for instructions on locating the reset button or key combination for your model of computer. If your computer is earlier than the models listed here, see "Resetting PowerBook and iBook Power Management Unit (PMU)" or "PowerBook: Resetting Power Management Unit (PMU)".
    MacBook (13 inch, Late 2008), MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2008), and MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2008)

1. If the computer is on, turn it off.
    2. Disconnect the AC adapter and remove the computer's battery.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds and then release the button.
    4. Reconnect the battery and AC Adapter.
    5. Press the power button to restart the computer

5. Darkjenso thread starter macrumors regular

Hi, I have tried the above steps on both and still the problem remains, apart from going t the apple store which I will do, is there any other advice anyone else can offer?