HELP: Late 2006/Early 2007 15" C2D Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by capoditutti, Dec 21, 2010.

1. capoditutti, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010

capoditutti macrumors 6502

capoditutti

Hi everyone,

I need some help with this situation, hoping the tech-savvy owners out there can assist.

If you have a late 2006/Early 2007 Core2Duo Macbook Pro (ideally UK-bought 2.33GHz), could you please attempt to do the following:

1. Create a bootcamp partition and install Windows XP pro
    2. Install all the relevant updates to your bootcamp partition including Apple bootcamp utility updates
    3. Attempt to reboot from windows, either to OSX or back into windows again
    4. Let me know the result :)

I'm trying to investigate if there is an inherent fault in this batch of machines, as mine cannot successfully do this, and i think Apple have a case to answer for, though i may be wrong...

2. farmermac macrumors 6502a

what problem are you having? Theres probably thousands of people with an xp bootcamp partition.

3. capoditutti thread starter macrumors 6502

capoditutti

A restart from within windows,

• regardless of which OS it's instructed to restart to
    • regardless of whether you use the standard windows shutdown/restart/suspend option or use the bootcamp tools restart tool

results in a black screen, fans running, no progress, no matter how long you wait...

4. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

My MBP 3,1 (June 2007 model I believe it is) ran fine with xp and windows 7... no issues at all.

The exactly MBP you are looking for is the MPB 2,2... mine was a 3,1 but still had a 2007 date attached to it.

Any other MPB 2,2 owners could chime in maybe.