HELP Leopard question - "apps"

Discussion in 'macOS' started by geek-inthe-pink, Apr 4, 2008.

1. geek-inthe-pink macrumors member

geek-inthe-pink

Hi. Just for some info, I just moved to mac from Windows Vista (lol horrible)
    and I am loving it! I'm using an Intel '08 Macbook with Leopard, and I was wondering:

Whenever I open third party apps or apple apps I've downloaded, It says:
    "_____ is an application downloaded from the internet. Are you sure you want to open it? Safari downloaded this app ____, 2008."
    It's really a pet peeve, because it reminds me of Visa too much. Mac OS X is excellent, but I was just wondering if anyone knew how to get rid of the warning. (I don't use the admin account normally, but I have access to it if necessary).

Please help!

Thanks in advance,
    - geek-inthe-pink:p

2. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

I believe that you will only see this once. I've seen it, but only once per app.

Welcome to the world of Mac's. I made the switch about a year and a half ago and haven't looked back. Using the Mac makes things fun again.

3. quest4apple macrumors member

That is correct. You will only have to do it once per application. Are you being asked more than once?

4. geek-inthe-pink thread starter macrumors member

geek-inthe-pink

thanks

Um, I don't know why, but it still shows warnings for apps I downloaded on Mar. 26 on the admin account (im launching them on a standard one).
    After uninstalling them, and reinstalling them on the standard one, they work fine. I also use the Unquarentine script - it's great. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS.

Oh, and thanks for the warm, happy welcome to the mac world. It's the first one I've had. Now I'm welcome to the family, I'll go try to convert some serious Microsoft - AOL freaks...:cool:

Happiness from,
    - geek-inthe-pink

PS. vote republican '08 elections.

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

......mmmm......not right place for this... but still....NEVER :D

6. geek-inthe-pink thread starter macrumors member

geek-inthe-pink

Ya, I know, I was kidding guys. No need to start a political debate lol:)

WARM HUGS to everyone...:p

PS I don't really like any of the candidates... Yughk....

7. Sogo macrumors 6502

You know a friend of mine also brought that up. I find it nice that it tells me an application is going to run even though i know i clicked it. Just because it is a safety feature that can take care of me. And since it only does it once then i am completely fine with it. I know in Vista you have to authorize many different things all the time and therefore can get very annoying. But a simple one time popup is perfectly fine with me.