help: Lightroom import glitch?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by hmai18, Oct 11, 2010.

1. hmai18 macrumors 6502

Currently using Lightroom 3.2 with my Canon S90 and have a weird problem with my import menu: when I plug my camera in, LR will detect the camera and card and has no problem importing my RAW files. However, when I've disconnected the S90, LR still shows an S90 in the source menu, but shows "preview unavailable for this file" for all the thumbnails.

I've tried formatting the card and plugging the camera into the plethora of USB ports on my system, but I cannot get this phantom S90 to go away and it's getting annoying. Any help removing this would be appreciated.

2. Eauboy macrumors regular

Eauboy

When you do your import, do you set LR to automatically eject the media afterward? I generally do this and have no similar problems. But I'm also using a different camera...

3. Cliff3 macrumors 65816

Cliff3

I am not able to replicate that behavior with my S90 and LR3.2 either with the camera directly connected via USB or by using a card reader for the transfer. I would suggest you collapse the import screen via the arrow in the bottom left corner, capture a copy to a file via cmd + shift + 4, then post the screencap to this thread so people can review your import parameters.

Attached Files:

4. hmai18 thread starter macrumors 6502

Not sure what was going on, but the problem seems to have magically resolved itself.

How do you set LR to eject media after import?

5. Cliff3 macrumors 65816

Cliff3

If you're using a card reader then the card shows up as removable storage in Finder, and can be ejected like any other removable media. There is a checkbox on the import screen in LR. If you are directly connecting the camera, then it does not appear as storage.