Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silverace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
I have lion server installed - I am new to server - I can't sync ical or address book on another mac with lion installed.

can someone kindly give some specific settings instructions about what I have to do on server and on client to sync them back and forth

thanks

thankins

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
I have lion server installed - I am new to server - I can't sync ical or address book on another mac with lion installed.

can someone kindly give some specific settings instructions about what I have to do on server and on client to sync them back and forth

thanks

You have to set up the address book and iCal within Server admin. You just dont launch iCal and was thinking it worked right?

silverace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Thanks for the reply - I am trying

yes - I set it up in the Lion server admin - in ical and address book - but i can't seem to find it in ical or addressbook on the client mac's

I set these client mac's as users and put them in a group in the server then
I went to their individual computers - clients - but can't seem to make it work setting up calDEV in each client

I do have calendar and addressbook and safari all synced - via this post through drop box
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-2Dm54wM8g

but i wanted to do it through the new lion server
so I need the process of how to do it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.