Help: Lion SysPref Crashing

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Kumi, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Kumi, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

Kumi macrumors newbie

Hey, to start off let me tell you a little about my machine, I have a Macbook Alu (late 2008) and have taken the optical drive out to put a 500 gb Seagate 7200rpm, which is for the home folder and stuff, and have put in a 60gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD in the normal bay compartment, which is for apps and what not.

Now after installing Lion on the SSD, I made a new account with the home folder to be on the 500GB and when i log in, the first thing i like to change is the touchpad settings, and i go to do exactly that and as soon as i click an option the system preferences window crashes on me, all the time every time.

Does anyone know any fixes or has this happened to someone else. I really need this sorted, and I'm sure if this is going wrong then something else will go wrong too. Oh an also i have a user(home folder) account o the SSD and this does not happen.

Here is a video of it in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIMXUwXKXOc

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Check out the two steps in the thread System Preferences not responding. We were able to come up with a solution where either one or both steps fixed the problem for several folks.