Help???? Liquid,shift key, and safe boot...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Perfection377, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Perfection377, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012

Perfection377 macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I spilled a spot of tea on the right side of my mbp in October. I have been pretty lucky as there has been only inconsequential issues thus far, and only had to use an external keyboard periodically. My question today is: is there a way to start this puppy in regular boot rather than safe boot (the shift key is continuously pressed as a result of the spill) other than holding c upon startup? I would like to back my life up before it goes to a comp fixer-upper for cleaning. Thanks for any help. And any thoughts on why that issue is the only one I have been experiencing? :) Cheers everyone!

2. Perfection377 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. jshbckr macrumors 6502

You could try holding Option while powering up. That is how you can boot to different partitions/networks. You might only have one choice when holding option (Macintosh HD) so select that.

4. brand macrumors 601

brand

The longest you could wait was 33 minutes?:mad:

5. SR71 macrumors 68000

Your post does not add to this discussion. Who cares if he/she is impatient. Why does it bother you, and if it does (which it definitely seems like it does), why do you continue looking at this thread (regardless of the fact that you wasted your time writing out that post)? This isn't mean offensively, but seriously, it's not that big of a deal. Relax man (or woman), don't sweat the little things. :)

Anyways, back to the topic of discussion... I'd suggest doing as another poster said and trying to boot holding the option key and see how that goes. If that doesn't work then maybe you can just plug in your external keyboard and boot normally using that, then unplug it when its booted normally, since you most likely won't be turning your Mac off very often.

Good luck! :)

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

Actually it was a valid question. If 33 minutes seriously too long to wait? The people that have created valid threads and are patiently waiting on them probably care. I guess you didn't read the link.

7. SR71 macrumors 68000

This is a valid thread, though. Yes 33 minutes is not a very long period of time by any means, but that doesn't disregard the fact that this is a valid thread. Yes, he/she could have been more patient, and yes, the bump was unnecessary, but again, this is still a valid thread, just like the others. Your post came off as rude though (maybe it was just me... I think it was the angry smiley face lol). But anyways, lets not waste anymore time talking about a meaningless "bump".

8. Perfection377 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am very sorry about the bump. I did not realize that it was only a half hour or so. As you can imagine, when you have everything you need on your comp and things go wrong, it can seem like longer. I had hoped that my explanation that I was new (first post, actually) would speak for itself if I had done something wrong, but I guess not.

Regardless, thank you all for your answers, they were quite helpful and appreciated. I hope that you all have a great week ahead!! :) P.S: the option command did it. Thank you all again!

:)