HELP!! Locked EXTERNAL hard drive!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pwmulder, Dec 24, 2007.

1. pwmulder macrumors newbie

:eek: HELP!! I need to back up work on my external hard drive and it's locked and won't unlock -- greyed out. Don't know what to do and I need to back up work on this! I know it's Christmas Eve but if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it. Am using the eHD (external hard drive) :cross platform between a Mac running OSX Leopard and my PC at home running XP. Would assume I can still save on it at home but here at work it's just not cool. HELP!! :)

P

2. apachie2k macrumors 6502

apachie2k

if you don't need the info that's already on it, you can reformat it... i dont' really know much about the subject of locked external hard drives, but i am aware that you can reformat it in disk utility : NOTE: THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING ALREADY ON IT....

ANOTHER SUGGESTION: PRESS APPLE (COMMAND) KEY AND I AT THE SAME TIME AND TRY TO UNLOCK IT....

good luck,

merry christmas, happy holidays, or if you atheist have a nice evening ...

3. pwmulder thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Appachie2k for the advice on the apple+I but that was one of the first things I tried. I'm still hoping there's some way because that data is VERY important to my company. Can anyone help out with this?? Please!