HELP: Looking For A Good Vendor/Brand To Buy iPhone Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nim6us, Feb 3, 2014.

1. nim6us macrumors member

nim6us

Hey guys so I need to replace the screen on one of my older iPhones. Also if it goes well I run a tech repair service, I'm thinking of adding that service to the list of things I offer. However when it comes to screen repair the price is all over the place from £15-£50! The reviews are about the same, the same product that has a review "great screen easy replacement, love it" right underneath will have another one "cheap screen, bad quality, parts didn't line up". Quite puzzling!

Either way, I'm in the UK, but as long as shipping makes sense I'll order from anywhere. I was just wondering if there was a known manufacturer that was good, or a vendor that sold consistently quality parts at a competitive price. Looking for feedback, thanks!

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

http://www.ifixit.com/Store

Check here.

3. nim6us thread starter macrumors member

nim6us

Really slick website but crazy retail prices! Most places charge $100 for screen replacement. Just ordering a screen from them would be over $100, and that's for the part, not installation, doesn't really make sense. Thanks for the feedback though, again really nice site!

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I would try to look on eBay then. Maybe you could get something on the cheap but OEM quality if that's possible.

5. nim6us thread starter macrumors member

nim6us

Yeah again, found some great ones on Amazon and eBay. My issue is anybody can say OEM but they're not held to it. It's a technical word that in the end fighting for a refund is more time consuming than just eating the bad buy. I was just hoping for people who do or have done screen replacements to sound off with their experience.

I guess most people are like me, you don't dare crack open your iPhone for fear angering the Apple gods. I'm a network tech and it still made me nervous. However now that I have a 5s that is my daily driver. I've got my 4s and my 4 that have no service. My 4 has the cracked LCD. So I was going to sell it for parts, then I thought, why not finally crack open one of these and have a look inside! If I can repair it then I can make some cash, maybe even do it on the regular. There's not an iPhone store for hours of drive around here!

Anyway, it's just like anything. Read reviews, check seller ratings, cross your fingers and press "Buy".. then keep your receipt ;)