Help! -- looking for a stand

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bennettave, Oct 26, 2011.

1. bennettave macrumors member

I'd like to buy my wife a stand to use with her uncased iPhone 4S. She would like to set her phone on the countertop and watch Netflix while washing dishes, or have a recipe up while cooking, etc.

I really like this stand called the Milo, but I don't think it would allow the angle to adjust for use while standing.

I do like the look of it, and the fact that it would get the phone off the countertop enough that spills wouldn't damage the phone.

[​IMG]

Does anyone have ideas for me?

2. keith1958 macrumors newbie

Check out this Kickstarter it's kind of what you're looking for. It's both a kickstand and a mount. It works for iPhones/iPads/iPod touches, pretty much anything with a flat back. It rotates on a ball and joint so you could position it how ever you want. It comes in black and white. I actually posted something about this like 2 days ago because I pledged for one too.

Link to Kickstarter page http://kck.st/pPOLLU

Attached Files:

3. bennettave thread starter macrumors member

I have the same concern with the Kickstarter - that the viewing angle will be too steep to stand and watch while it is sitting on the counter.

4. keith1958 macrumors newbie

You could adjust the angle. It's not a fixed angle.

5. bennettave thread starter macrumors member

It looks as though it will adjust to stand more upright, but I can't see from the pictures how it would adjust the other way.

It seems most stands are made for an angle around 65° from horizontal, and some (including the Kickstarter) will adjust to a larger angle. I am looking for a stand that keeps the phone off the countertop, but that would adjust to a flatter angle -- say from 65° through 35°.

You stated that you purchased a Kickstarter. Does it allow for a flatter angle than shown in your pictures?

Are there any other stands that might meet my criteria?

6. bcvanbelle macrumors newbie

Attached Files:

7. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I really like this stand for you. It should amplify the sound from the iPhone 4S speakers and make you feel like your in a movie theatre. But, why not just buy her a portable TV for the kitchen. Wouldn't it be uncomfortable to cook and wash dishes while watching a 2-hour netflix movie?
    [​IMG]

8. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

I have two of those Milos. Ordered the 2nd one when I was pleased with the first. The angle was a concern before ordering. But after using it all the environments, I have no issues with it. It compliments the phone so well!