Help Lost 11GB of Space?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by northy124, Dec 9, 2008.

1. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Hi

OK I was transferring 11GB worth of stuff to my ext. hdd but I cannot find the Org. Files that are on the Mac HDD they have just gone :confused::confused:and it is really starting to annoy and worry me as I have already had to reformat this stupid thing (MacBook and don't ask long story).

I have spotlighted looking for it and it only shows the folders on ext. hdd, I remove it and it isn't there anymore.

I really do give up with Mac OS X as it keeps doing this to me and the only solution I have found is to back up important files and reformat (Already done it enough times already not doing again).

Please help

Northy

Edit: I think this is in the right place as I'm 100% sure it is the OS doing it not anything else.

2. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

How did you move it? drag and drop? Cut and paste? I have cut, rather than copy and pasted before without realizing it. Open 2 finder windows, on for the internal, and one for the external and do a drag and drop. It should leave an original on the internal.

3. northy124 thread starter macrumors 68020

northy124

That is what I did (Drag and Drop)but it just disappeared:(

Edit: I dunno what happened but I now have the 33GB that I should have if I delete something it just came from no where which means the OS deleted without even asking me, it is OK this time as I wanted to delete the stuff anyway but what if it was something important? hoe can I prevent this in future?