HELP!!! Lost ENTIRE iTunes Library!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PhightinPhils26, Oct 4, 2007.

1. PhightinPhils26 macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

I have a huge problem... somehow my ENTRIE iTunes Library is GONE... I know it's probably something that I did, however, all of my music is on my OLD 20 Gig Black and White iPod from 2004 running version 3.1.1. I am currently using iTunes 7.4.0.

Here's the question if I plug my iPod to my computer will it copy ALL the music including stuff i didn't purchase from iTunes???

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

3. PhightinPhils26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

GOOD CALL!!!! Thank you!

4. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

no worries :)

So now that that problem is fixed, do you have any idea how you deleted your library?

5. PhightinPhils26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

I honestly don't... It probably had something to do with trying to get ringtones to work on the iPhone... I was deleting a bunch of crap must have deleted the library folder and when i emptied the trash... yeah... that was probably it.

6. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

yeah that sucks. I must admit i've done that myself. Not with something as huge and sentimental as my iTunes media, though...

I find its good to put any items you want deleted into a folder on the desktop so you can review things before you trash them.