Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Davmeister

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 7, 2009
London
I accidentally deleted an 'America' folder from the sidebar (I must have - its not here any more). The photos themselves remain in the library, but the organization took ages to do - where do deleted folders go, and the events that reside within them? Surely Apple can't have done away with the trash completely?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2015-04-20 um 16.11.45.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2015-04-20 um 16.11.45.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 105

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
I accidentally deleted an 'America' folder from the sidebar (I must have - its not here any more). The photos themselves remain in the library, but the organization took ages to do - where do deleted folders go, and the events that reside within them? Surely Apple can't have done away with the trash completely?

I haven't really looked at the new app, but iPhoto had its own trash? Check the options in the menus at the top, perhaps Photos has too

Sorry I don't have an actual useful answer

Davmeister

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 7, 2009
London
I haven't really looked at the new app, but iPhoto had its own trash? Check the options in the menus at the top, perhaps Photos has too

Sorry I don't have an actual useful answer

I have. I believe albums and folders etc. are permanently deleted. The photos are the only things that now go to the 'recently deleted' folder - the new trash.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
If it's any reassurance, I've noticed an odd folder or two go missing randomly, too. I'm not sure if I deleted them erroneously, but I'm afraid it may be a bug of some kind in Photos (it being a v1.0 product isn't too surprising), because when I expand folders, often it jumps to a folder above or under instead of just straight expanding that folder, along with an occasional resorting by random.

Hope that makes sense. Photos is a good start, granted, but it's still a 1.0 product at that.

Evren Carven

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2014
Yes, there is a 'Show Recently Deleted' option in the 'File' menu. You may try to find your deleted photos in there.

Another way is going to the Users - Your name - Pictures - Photos Library.photoslibrary - Masters. You can find all your photos on your Photos for Mac library.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Yes, there is a 'Show Recently Deleted' option in the 'File' menu. You may try to find your deleted photos in there.

Another way is going to the Users - Your name - Pictures - Photos Library.photoslibrary - Masters. You can find all your photos on your Photos for Mac library.

Good suggestion, but the OP has already clearly explained that his photos weren't lost; a folder mysteriously disappeared and cannot be recovered.

Davmeister

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 7, 2009
London
Thanks all above - I too have noticed the jumpy folders rearranging themselves when dragging. And yes as I mentioned the folders are missing not the photos...never mind. Just have to resort.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.