Help! Lost iPhone, now what?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by misha-b, May 27, 2009.

1. misha-b macrumors newbie

I'm going through some MAJOR iPhone withdrawals. Not sure what to do. I strongly feel that there will be a new hardware update (new iphone) announced at the WWDC (June 8th). But then it'll probably be a while 'til the phone actually comes out. Should I grab a current 3G and then return it if a new one's announced?

2. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

spooky2k

No. If I were you, I'd just use an old phone until the new one is out.

3. MacsomJRR macrumors 6502a

MacsomJRR

I agree with Spooky. If you can just grin and bear it til the new device is unveiled.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

5. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Buy a Curve or AT&T (HTC) Tilt off eBay for around $150 to satisfy your internet/phone/texting needs. In two months, they should still be worth around the same. Worst case you lose about $20 on the resale but you have the new iPhone.

6. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Yeah just use a old phone, don't spend money on something that you will not be able to return. Just wait a couple more weeks, look at WWDC and see what they say, then go from there.

7. Ish macrumors 68020

Ish

Sounds like a waste of a new 3G. I agree with tayshon, it's only a few days to WWDC then you can decide what to do. Making do with an old phone until the new one comes out will make it even sweeter when it does!

8. whitebook macrumors regular

defo agree with this one, ride it out dude, not long to go now!!

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

And what happens if the availability of the new iPhone and the announcement don't coincide? The odds are high that the new iPhone won't be hitting the streets until July. You'll be unable to return the iphone 3g at that point.

No, I agree with others here, get a GO phone, no phone or borrow someone's phone but hold off until you can actually buy a new iPhone