Help! Lost-Misplaced My Images Folder On Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lovethesea, Jul 16, 2011.

1. lovethesea macrumors newbie

Don't know what I did or how I managed to do it but misplaced the "All Images" folder on mac. I scrolled the folder down to Docs where I clicked on it, opened it up and when I x'd out if it the folder completely disappeared. I didn't delete or trash it. Where did it go?! Help and thank-you in advance.

2. simsaladimbamba

It is NOT a folder, it is a saved search result of all files fulfilling the search criteria set for the search, it also known as "Smart Folder".

Go to Finder, open Preferences (CMD+,), select Sidebar and then check if the "All Images" option is selected.

3. lovethesea thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank-You!!! Thank-You!!! Thank-You!!! You not only saved me because it's my daughters computer(borrowed) but you gave very simple, easy instructions that someone who is completely computer illiterate can follow. Whew!!! You're a life saver, simsaladimbamba! Again, thanks :)

4. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

And if it is, deselect it, or as sure is eggs is eggs, one day someone is going to say "hey I don't need these images" and delete some or all of them, not realising they are system files. And your Mac will be hosed.