Help! Lost my silver g2 4gb nano!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Mushrooshi, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Mushrooshi macrumors regular

I do not know if it is in my house or not, but I cannot find it after like 3 days of searching. If I left it anywhere it would have been the apple store while I picked up my macbook from repair.

I found something that sounds suspiciously like that it could be mine. It matches the description, and it has the classic "doesn't come with box or wires". It is also less that 5 miles from me.

I'm 13 and I am not old enough to register for an ebay account. Can anyone check it out for me please. It is http://cgi.ebay.com/IPOD-NANO-4GB-S...yZ125478QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

my email is mushrooshi@gmail.com, and I actually check it allt he time, i have 0 unread messeges. if you are willing to contact the guy who has the auction PM me for my serial. It is registered by the way.

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Its also very suspicious because the person just joined Ebay a few days ago.

Someone should contact him and ask for the serial number to "verify the warranty status."

3. Mushrooshi thread starter macrumors regular

Was I supposed to post it here. Also, thanks for supporting me. I haven't told my parents, and I am not very good with portables either.

4. LinuXtreme macrumors regular

LinuXtreme

If someone does try contacting the seller, they should say so here first to make sure that they don't get a bunch of emails that tip him off that the jig may be up.

5. Flobber88 macrumors regular

I asked the seller a question. Asked about the serial # for warranty status. Ill keep you guys posted.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'd call the police and let them know before the 17 hour auction is up.

7. LinuXtreme macrumors regular

LinuXtreme

Yes, if the SN matches then you need to contact your local police, as per E-Bay's instructions.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/stolen.html and look under "additional information"

Don't try contacting the seller yourself, but let the police take it from there.

Hoping for a happy ending.

8. Flobber88 macrumors regular

Never got a message from the auctioneer, so that didn't work. Hopefully you can still try to get it back.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I think coming here was silly. I mean, not silly but coming here and not going anywhere else is silly. I would have gone to the station and showed them the auction.
    They could have taken action.

10. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Or go tell your parents about it. They'll be able to help you with this better than anyone else can. Good luck, Mushrooshi. Hope you get it back.

11. LinuXtreme macrumors regular

LinuXtreme

The problem with that is that you have to more than suspect that the item being sold is yours, you need to have some evidence to back that up. Circumstantial evidence doesn't work, which is what I think you'd hear from the police.

But it couldn't hurt to show the auction to the police anyway, just don't be surprised if they need further proof. If you do decide to do that, you'll need to hurry because the auction ended yesterday with a winning bidder.

12. Mushrooshi thread starter macrumors regular

Hey there. Wow, some of you contacted the dealer...

IF you still have their email (they are no longer registered anymore), can you tell them I was being paranoid and that I send them my apologies. MY mom found my iPod... LOL.

I hope the reason they were unregistered was just because. However, the auction still seemed rather fishy, so it couldve been someone elses.

Anyways... Thanks all!