Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterEd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Hi,

In my recent transition from powerbook to Intel iMac I've managed to lose some of my purchased tracks from the iTunes Music Store. (there were a couple of albums in a different location which I forgot to copy)
My question: Is there ANY way I can get these back, as I legally own them having purchased them. iTunes doesn't seem to let me download tracks again even if I have purchased them (I get the popup saying I've already purcahsed them, but only have the option of purchasing them again!)

I hope there is some way of getting my music back, otherwise I have lost quite a bit of money!

Thanks
Ed

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Contact Apple's iTMS support folks. They'll give you an admonishment about backing up your files and then let you re-download them...I think they'll generally allow this once per year.

MisterEd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Thanks for the help, I just contacted them and it looks like I can get them back after providing the receipt numbers etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.