Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Investor27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Please help guys. My 1-year old iPad Mini Retina has been giving me the low battery indicator whenever I tried waking it up in the morning after charging it over night. I would have to keep turning it on 4-5 times before the white Apple sign would then come on, signaling a reboot, and then it will always showed a 100% full charge afterwards.

I have the latest firmware on it, and had even performed a factory reset with the choice of keeping all of my data, and this problem still occurs.

Now if I were to NOT charge it fully to 100%, it will always wake up just fine. It's really is an inconvenience to have to sit around and wait for it to be around 95% charged so that I can take it with me to work the following day. Has anyone else encountered this problem before? Can anyone offer some sound advice as to how I can resolve this issue?

regee3

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2015
Re: Help. Low Battery Indicator on a Full Charge Ipad Mini Retina

Please help guys. My 1-year old iPad Mini Retina has been giving me the low battery indicator whenever I tried waking it up in the morning after charging it over night. I would have to keep turning it on 4-5 times before the white Apple sign would then come on, signaling a reboot, and then it will always showed a 100% full charge afterwards.

I have the latest firmware on it, and had even performed a factory reset with the choice of keeping all of my data, and this problem still occurs.

Now if I were to NOT charge it fully to 100%, it will always wake up just fine. It's really is an inconvenience to have to sit around and wait for it to be around 95% charged so that I can take it with me to work the following day. Has anyone else encountered this problem before? Can anyone offer some sound advice as to how I can resolve this issue?

I can say in the years of me owning any apple products that this has never happened to me. But, from what you have said, this seems to be a problem with the software. You stated that you performed a factory reset on it with the choice of keeping your data. What this does is install the exact same version of iOS back on to the iPad, thus not resolving any problems having to do with the software. What I would recommend doing is performing a DFU mode reset on the iPad in order to install a brand new version of iOS on it. By performing a DFU mode on it, this would resolve any software complications having to do with the device. However, if this does not work, I would the recommend bringing the device into your nearest Apple Store and have a technician perform some tests on it to see if there is something wrong with the battery. I hope this was helpful for you!

Andydigital

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2013
Sounds like the battery has lost calibration. Force power off the device by holding the home and sleep button until you see the apple logo then release them. Turn the device back on then run down the battery until it powers off on its own. After the next full charge the battery should be recalibrated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.