Help! M4V not playing only Audio in iTunes (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by liketom, Nov 29, 2008.

1. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

Help !

my Lost season 4 epi's will not play in iTunes - only the audio works! the video file play's fine in QT and also the file will not show when transfered to my iPhone.

Any one help - as i have the lad's round tonight for a Lost Season 4 Night in with Beer and Food and was hoping to plug the iPhone into the TV to view.

2. kolax macrumors G3

Did it ever work in iTunes or is this a recent problem?

Did you rip this from DVD or other means? What software did you use to encode it (I'm guessing HandBrake)? What settings etc?

Good thing to start watching Lost again though - season 5 is just around the corner and I can't remember much of season 4 at all! Need to re-watch I think!

3. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

Season 4 bought from iTunes UK - has worked fine before-

4. kolax macrumors G3

What version of iTunes are you running? Restarted your Mac (FWIW it can fix unusual problems)?

5. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

yep latest versions and rebooted , repaired permissions all the normal stuff.

trying to search the apple support site for this issues.

i think this might have happened when i backed up all my data from my MBP 120GB hdd and moved over to a 320GB HDD

maybe account auth ?

6. kolax macrumors G3

Try deauthorising and then reauthorising it - I've never bought a TV show or movie off of iTunes so can't help much more I'm afraid!

7. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

no you have it right there - i copied 4x1 and then check the info panel - 1 said my main iTunes account the other was my wifes -

the file is messed up on DRM

thanks for your help btw

itunes support is my next port of call

8. JCastro macrumors 6502a

Did you ever get it to work. My friend is having the same problem. On her computer the audio plays but the video does not. She can still put the video on her iPod and play from there.

If you got it to work what exactly did you do?

9. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

Ok so iTunes support seem to stumble on the problem and have let me re-download all my Video again

over 200 TV Shows and Movies - yep i'm gonna need a bigger boat :D

So i figured out a way myself

open the video in Quicktime Pro and save ! it will save it as a *.Mov format but retain all the Fairplay uglyness - pop back into iTunes and bingo!

I should work for Apple Support :cool: