Help! Mac book pro won't connect to the internet!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Basket440, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Basket440 macrumors newbie

Hi!

I purchased my mac book pro retina display about 4 months ago and now I cannot connect to the internet wired or wireless. It will say its connected in wifi but I cannot get an actual web page to show up. Other computers when using the router can connect to the internet both wired and wireless which leads me to believe its a problem with my computer.

This is my first mac so I have no idea what to do. It was working fine until tonight. I tried restarting both devices over and over again and nothing works.

Thank you any help will be appreciated!

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Reset PRAM first Command-Option-P-R on startup, hold them until you have heard the startup sound 3 times.
    Create a new User in Users and Groups, log into that account and see if it works there, if it works there you have an User Account issue.

You can also remove one folder but first try the above and if this does not work report back.

3. TresMusical1020 macrumors newbie

Okay, here's my advice...

either call apple, and they will tell you for sure why its doing that or if not, they will try to help however they can. (they will probably charge you if you have them fix it)
    or, it's probably a glitch or something...don't know what to do for it, sorry.:confused: