Help!!! Mac Doing Things on It's Own

iHatePCs

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
www.macrumors.com
Hey the other day I went into the accounts pref. under system prefrences and There was a new user! It's name was _Tor and it's icon was a black shadow in front of the .mac icon. It had no limitations so i just deleted it... I think it "may" have changed my master password because every time I try to change it... it says it's changed...but it doesn't take affect. Has anyone else had a siliar situation... or does anyone know whats going on? HELP!!! :eek:

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I installed some software a while back that did exactly that; can't recall what it was now, but I had to go clean it up. Pretty messy stuff. I remember that it was something I'd read about here, but, for the life of me, can't remember what it was.

Edit: it's not a virus, and it's not bad - it's the way the software works, but I just didn't like it so I removed it. If I remember what it was, I'll write back.

Comment

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
What have you installed lately? I wish I could remember what it was. Quicksilver? Maybe. I just remember installing it and immediately going through things and removing it. I originally thought it was malware.

BTW, Northshore Mall in Peabody, MA?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.