Help! Mac Has HUGE Problems!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TheDirt, Mar 4, 2008.

1. TheDirt macrumors newbie

Hi, I have been a mac owner for 8 years now, and until last month, never owned a windows comp. Well, my mac mini began having problems.

It began with the whole not loading ordeal. Well, I was able to erase and reinstall and it worked just fine. Later that week, my computer froze up again and I restarted. I came to find my account picture was different and the computer was now slower than a slug. I shut down again and this time get the not loading problem. So, I boot from the disk and as I go to disk utility to erase, I come to find disk utility essentially freezes up and continues "gathering" for eternity. I left it "gathering disk information" all night once to no avail. Well, I went straight to the install section and found there was no HD for me to select to install on.

I got a normal keyboard with it, not the apple one, so I have no idea which key is the apple key. I can open the terminal also.

Please, any help will be most obliged.

Thank you.

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Sounds like your HDD is busted/on the fritz. You might want to take it in and have someone fix it, unless you feel apt on fixing it yourself.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Sounds like the HD is dying/dead. You need to replace it.

On a Windows keyboard, the Apple Key is normally the Windows Key.

TEG