HELP Mac pro 1,1 Yosemite 10.10.2 gray screen

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by theyshoot, May 3, 2015.

1. theyshoot macrumors newbie

so I installed pike fix. efi read 64bit. installed 10.10, then 10.1, then 10.2 and now its stuck on Gray screen. is there anyway to do a fresh install on Mac pro 1,1 from boot up with the pre loaded Yosemite usb?

sometimes I can get in disk utility

2. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

iirc 10.10.1 didn't change the boot.efi, it started with 10.10.2 - you sure you installed PikeYoseFix correctly?

Yes a pre-loaded installer should work (although I haven't tried it myself, I built my own installer), just hold option at startup and select the usb drive, you will then be able to to a clean install.

??

3. theyshoot thread starter macrumors newbie

really don't remember if I installed pike fix correctly. I tried a partition and install 10.10 on that but it wouldn't work. do I have to load boot efi first? I downloaded the pre install Yosemite from this forum. so I have a perfect usb install to work from.

----------

the install crashes and a restart button comes up. thinking 10.10.2 really altered the boot

4. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

You don't have anything to do regarding the boot.efi if your usb installer is ready. Just restart your mac holding the option key, and select the usb stick. The OS X installer will do the rest.

----------

Once you have Yosemite working, install PikeYoseFix and restart your mac TWICE. Then you'll know the daemon is doing its job. You should then be able to update to 10.10.3 directly from the App Store and never worry about the boot.efi again, until 10.11 comes out ;)