Help! Mac will not connect to wireless keyboard and trackpad

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cclaire, Aug 10, 2013.

1. cclaire macrumors newbie

My (just over a year old) Imac will not connect to my keyboard or trackpad! I've been recommended to apple support but they don't have my problem! My mac Bluetooth is on discoverable and I make sure the green lights blink on both devices.
    I've restarted it, turned it off for 2 nights and day but still no! :( please help I've ran out of ideas

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Make sure all USB devices are disconnected, other than a USB mouse (& optionally a USB keyboard) to use during troubleshooting.

Turn off Bluetooth by clicking the Bluetooth icon on the top menu bar & select "Turn Bluetooth Off". Restart computer. Turn Bluetooth back on. Open Bluetooth preferences (from that same menu, or in System Preferences). Remove all Bluetooth devices with the minus button at the bottom. Set to discoverable. Turn on either the keyboard or mouse, see if it shows up & will pair.

Worst case you have a Bluetooth radio failure but if it's just something wigged out in config, the above should sort it out.

3. cclaire thread starter macrumors newbie

When I go to Bluetooth devices it comes up with 7c-c3-a1 and a few other numbers is that the cheap USB mouse I'm using? Because it says connect but that doesn't do anything but the it says underneath open mouse preferences. But how do I disconnect it and be able to turn it off at the same time in the preferences it says -name- then not connected with the Magic Mouse beside it

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Your USB mouse won't be listed in Bluetooth preferences. Delete everything.

5. cclaire thread starter macrumors newbie

How do I go around deleting it? It will not give me any options on the preferences or the drop down list