Help: Mac window graphics go weird after sleep

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wilds94, Jul 26, 2012.

1. wilds94 macrumors member

So... first off I'd like to introduce myself :)

Obviously my name is Wilds; Will, D.S. are my middle and last initials.
    Recently made the move to mac about a year ago after I built my gaming PC. Bought my Macbook Air in 2011 and it was beautiful. SSDs are amazing and recently I gave that one to my mum and bought myself a rMBP. Best laptop i could have ever hoped to own. It is my baby, and i find no flaw in the product and the price point in my opinion is definitely worth it.

So my problem is, after waking up from sleep, sometimes my mac does this weird OS glitch where the dock doesn't appear and the top bar is black, only showing up some of the icons along the top when i click on them (then they turn to the normal grey). When i move windows around the image repeats its self, similar to a repeating reflection in 2 mirrors. This is hard to explain so i will include a screen shot next time it happens (within the hour). Simply dragging the window around the screen leaves a trail of the window behind it.

Thanks for any help :cool: :apple: :D

2. wilds94 thread starter macrumors member

The screen looks like this (attached), doesn't go away until i restart. Also WindowsServer is taking up 20-40% CPU and 600mb and kernel_task is taking 1.6gb ram. Please hel as this problem comes up once every hour or so. Thankyou :)

Attached Files:

3. chown33 macrumors 604

I assume the problem is with the rMBP, right?

Take it in to the Apple Store, or a repair facility. Show a Genius the screen shot.

This sounds like a graphics chip has malfunctioned, or is doing so intermittently.

4. wilds94 thread starter macrumors member

Really? I thought i could just be a software issue with the windows server or something. Didn't think it would be a hardware issue. But i will search further and then take it apple if i can't find anything.