HELP Mac wont boot from any Apple Retail Disk, cant instal OS X

leo1703

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
Hi guys, I have this problem, by mistake i put a Windows XP disk on my Macbook, boot from it and install the system formatting my harddrive. everything went perfect, but now i want to install OS X Snow Leopard so i put my retail disc, turn on the macbook hold down C Key or Option Key or any key and the macbook wont boot from it. try booting from a USB image of Snow Leopard, from the retail disc 10.5 Leopard and 10.6 Snow Leopard. i even connect the MacBook to an iMac by Firewire and did the installation by target and after installing the os x the system does not start at all. i put back the XP disc and boots perfectly from it. I dont know if its possible i deleted ant driver or damage the EFI on my Macbook i need to install OS X on it? anyone has this problem? how can i solve it?? pleas i really need HELP

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Hi guys, I have this problem, by mistake i put a Windows XP disk on my Macbook, boot from it and install the system formatting my harddrive. everything went perfect, but now i want to install OS X Snow Leopard so i put my retail disc, turn on the macbook hold down C Key or Option Key or any key and the macbook wont boot from it. try booting from a USB image of Snow Leopard, from the retail disc 10.5 Leopard and 10.6 Snow Leopard. i even connect the MacBook to an iMac by Firewire and did the installation by target and after installing the os x the system does not start at all. i put back the XP disc and boots perfectly from it. I dont know if its possible i deleted ant driver or damage the EFI on my Macbook i need to install OS X on it? anyone has this problem? how can i solve it?? pleas i really need HELP
You managed to insert, boot and install Windows by mistake. Amazing.

Try a PRAM reset. What color is the SL disk?

Comment

leo1703

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
not by mistake.. the real mistake was doing this without knowing that will bring me this problems... its a retail disk its white and have a white Leopard on it.. i also try an retail disk of Leopard 10.5 and Tiger. anything... is not the disk cause i try it on 3 macs. all of them boots perfectly with the disk the problem here seems to be drivers or something like that. its like tray to boot a Vaio laptop with the Snow Leopard disk.

----------

already try a Pram Vram reset, and i try to fix the problem on single user mode.. anything!!! another idea?

Comment

mfram

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
Exactly which MacBook do you own? Maybe that computer only supports Mac OS Lion. Hold down Apple-R when it boots to try to boot into recovery mode.

Comment

leo1703

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
No, its a White Macbook4,1 it cames originally with Leopard 10.5. Another thing is that every time i turn on the mac caps lock is on.

Comment