Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Swampdonkey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2004
London
Hi, bought an Oxygen 8 last week. Only problem is that it takes 30-40 minutes of switching between Audio/Midi Setup and GB before my iMac recognises the device and allows me to use it. Last night I spent 90 fruitless minutes without a solitary signal. Could some kind, patient individual please give me a hand? Thanks.:(

charleymac1

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2004
atlanta ga
oxygen 8

I have the same problem as well! I still am unable to use my reason. I've installed the drivers but that does not make it active in the audio/midi set-up (which is not metioned by m-audio anywhere) I've spent all day tring to get a hold of them on the phone and no response from e-mails either. Any luck on your end?

slinky

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2004
Oxygen 8

What version of the driver are both of you using?

A friend of mine had similar problems with his Oxygen 8 on his PowerBook. He had installed the latest driver from M-Audio but culdn't get it working. We ended up trashing everything from the installer and using the driver from the CD in the box and it's worked fine since.

I have an Ozone and had to do the opposite. I needed the newer driver for mine to work.

Swampdonkey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2004
London
oxygen 8

Mine seemed to sort itself out after reinstalling the software. make sure you open audio/midi setup and test the device before opening the application and check preferences from within the application once you open it. I still get the occasional glitch now & then but it is generally fine. Anyone know how to assign the control knobs on the oxygen 8? I have followed the manual but it has no effect.

slinky

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2004
GarageRemote

You could try GarageRemote <http://www.muratnkonar.com/otherstuff/garageremote/> which might do it. I just saw the link to it on MacNN the other day and haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Of course, now that you have me thinking about it... ;)

johnnypanic

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2004
Oxygen 8 w/GB

I have been using an Oxygen 8 with GB and have reinstalled the driver repeatedly with no improvement in the situation: GarageBand fails to recognize input from the keyboard even though a message window appears to inform me that a midi device has been recognized. I have taken an approach that is crude but effective: I have found that turning the Oxygen 8 on and off a few times always works. The standard scenario seems to be that the keyboard begins working the third time it's turned on. If anyone knows a better way, I'd be pleased to hear it.

johnnypanic

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.