Help! Macbook air 11'' cooler won't work!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Nanickore, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Nanickore macrumors newbie

Hey guys!

Last week i was drinking a lemonade and dropped a bit of the juice on my laptop. It suddenly turned off and then i got desperate.

I took of the excess of liquid and put the laptop on rice as people told me, to take off the humidity. I waited.

Then i turned on and it seemed great. Except that a bit of rice got stuck inside the Macbook. I just didn't mind about it and was using it perfectly fine.

Today i turned the macbook to one side while turned on and it seemed like the rice went right into the cooler. It suddenly stopped and won't come back to work again! The Mac is fine, turns on, works great, but the cooler won't spin. I don't know what to do. I was thinking about opening the mac and take off the rice, but i don't know how to do it.

Can someone help me please? Sending it to apple would probably cost me too much. I'm 16, not working and can't afford it. Thanks guys.

2. plucky duck macrumors 6502

Open it up and get yourself a can of compressed air and see how that goes. May have to manually lightly fiddle with the fan blades and see if it'll come loose.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

iFixit.com has some guides on taking your Mac apart.

4. Blackberryroid macrumors 6502a

Blackberryroid

It isn't that easy. It has those DARN TORX SCREWS. THOSE THINGS SHOULD BURN IN HELL. SCREW THEM. At least the Pro has the Philips. Much easier to remove.

5. boto macrumors 6502

boto

Purchase a pentalobe screwdriver on Amazon for $4 or less.

6. TC25 macrumors 68020

ifixit also has complete tool kits as well. Keep in mind though, some people would rather complain.