Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxylle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2011
Hi everyone. Just newly joined here in the forum and just bought a new macbook air this past weekend.

I hope someone can answer my question for me.

Is it okay to leave this macbook air plugged since there is no way for the battery to be removed? Or do I always need to unplug it when it's 100% charged? My past laptop batteries died on me because it is always plugged..lol!

Second question is...does anybody installed the lightroom 2 to their MBA? My MBA only got the 64gig memory, But please take note that I am not using this laptop as my main editing computer, I do my photo editing on my 27 inches Imac and I also got an ipad.

So basically this laptop is for traveling reasons and just "quick edits" like exposure, contrast etc...no major photoshop edits :)

Last edited:

bcaslis

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2008
1.) It's fine to leave it plugged when not in use. I do this all the time.
2.) I have Lightroom 3 installed. It will run just fine. But 64 GB is awfully small for any photos. It will work though. I'd recommend hiding the dock and running Lightroom in full screen mode because of the screen size.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
It's fine to run on AC power when you need to. Just don't do it all the time, as your battery needs to be used periodically to stay healthy. Try to run on battery for a few hours every few days. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

maxylle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2011
Thank you!! :) Im so happy people answered my questions :)

Yah I'm aware 64 gig is way too small to do lightroom or photoshop work. But my photos will be saved to an external hard drive. The only time I will be running lightroom on my mba is when I'm traveling, and edit a couple of photos and that's it.

And as far saving stuff on my mba I don't think I will be doing this since I already have 1thumb drive attached to it everytime I'm using it :)

I rely more on my Imac, it's my main work station :)

Loving my MBA more now if it will be in use for my photo editing when I'm out of town :)
Thanks again for the answers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.