Help!! Macbook bootcamp+external display

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ETID, Mar 15, 2008.

1. ETID macrumors regular

Hi people,

I have hooked my macbook up to a 20" external monitor and using osx its fine and uses the full res but when i use bootcamp nothing is displayed on the monitor only the macbook screen. How do I fix this.
    Im using a dvi connection.

I do realise this isn't really a mac*problem but I would appreciate any help given.

Thanks

2. ETID thread starter macrumors regular

I've managed to install the driver for the display and it even now comes up under the device manager but the screen is just blank still. When I go to display settings there are two displays available but which ever one I choose the macbook display still is the main screen and the external wont display anything!

Am I making an amateur mistake or something.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

3. Jpoon macrumors 6502

Might wanna ask to have this moved to a forum where people regularly talk about BootCamp and using Windows.

Most of the people that browse this section don't really have a regular knowledge of monitor / driver problems I'd assume. That's just my opinion though.

Definitely sounds like a driver issue though. I've never had the experience of using an external display with Windows on bootcamp though, so go check in the Windows thread! :D

4. infitom macrumors newbie

Go into the ATI RADEON section,

Under DISPLAYS, you can pick which display is which, oustide of windows.