Help! Macbook disc drive stuck

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by newbie builder, Aug 12, 2008.

1. newbie builder macrumors newbie

Yesterday when I wanted to burn some music, I started to insert a cd into my Macbook and couldn't....
    I didn't think a disc had been left in there, but apparently it had. Here's the annoying part. I can't ever hear it spinning, can't get it to eject, tried rebooting and holding the trackpad but nothing happened, and when I do reboot it boots fine (i've heard of people who couldn't get their computers to boot when they had a stuck disc). Any ideas? I can't figure out how to make this thing pop out--I've googled every variation of "disc" "stuck" and "macbook" but haven't found anything that works as of yet....most links are to the cardboard idea to stop the disc, but I don't' hear the disc spinning and the computer still boots fine.

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Do you hear any noises emitting from the drive at all? If not it looks like it may have given up the ghost. Take it in to an apple store and have them look at it. I hope you're still covered by warranty.

3. newbie builder thread starter macrumors newbie

It makes the sound as if it was ejecting the disc, but no disc comes out...
    I'm thinking an appointment with the Apple store is imminent.

4. jammerjames15 macrumors newbie

i had same probable make sure if it like a big dent by the drive or like bump.

5. insanepilot macrumors newbie

insanepilot

have you tried holding the edject button down while your restarting?