HELP!!! Macbook HDMI is not working properly!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by the.joe.savill, Jun 14, 2015.

1. the.joe.savill macrumors newbie

my Mid 2010 Macbook pro had been messing up lately, the screen turned pixely so we sent it off to be fixed, after weeks they concluded it was unfixable so gave it back to me with the screen broke. so i decided to just use the laptop with hdmi to my tv, if i have the 'mirroring' off, my tv's resolution is 1920x1080 (how it should be) but i want the laptop lid closed. I can turn 'mirroring' on then close the lid, but then i have to big black borders on the left and right of the screen. In display settings it tells me my screen is 1080p. What i could do before is just close my laptop lid and the tv would be the main display and the laptop screen be off. But now when i close the lid the laptop-screen stays on, so I'm stuck with the black borders on the left and right. I have reset energy saving settings to default and there is nothing in the display settings that will help, please reply soon!!

(The blur picture is what i seen on my laptop screen, the one with the whole tv in is what the borders look like on the tv)

-Joe

Attached Files:

2. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

It is working as it should. It's mirroring the internal display that is 1440x900 or 1280x800 depending on 13" or 15" and upscaling it to the 1080p resolution of the TV, thus why it says 1080p even though it really isn't as far as usable space goes.

What you want to do is use closed-clamshell mode rather than mirroring. This will let you use the full resolution of your TV/monitor and dedicate all GPU resources to the external monitor. And it should shut off your internal monitor. If that isn't happening you've got more issues than just a blurry LCD.

3. the.joe.savill thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replying so soon, but the macbook screen doesnt reconize when i close the lid, is there anything i can do?