Help. Macbook keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HAS.89, May 14, 2012.

1. HAS.89 macrumors newbie

Hello guys
    i have spilled cola on my keyboard now some of the buttons gets clicked alone. I was looking for some keyboards on ebay but i couldn't find the same keyboard as the one i have on my laptop. I dont know if its some different type or something because i found on ebay, its not the same as mine, i have some extra buttons on my keyboard and the enter button is a different shape.
    Can anyone help me and tell me where i can find the keyboard for my laptop?

Thats a pic for my keyboard.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

And thats the ones i found on ebay.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

Thanks all

2. ezramoore macrumors 6502a

You need to replace the whole top case, not just the keyboard.

3. HAS.89 thread starter macrumors newbie

The keyboard works i just need to replace it because sometimes the keys get stuck and keeps repeating, but i cant find the same shape as the keyboard i have, so I'm asking if anyone knows where i can find the same as this shape.

4. ezramoore macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry, without full viewing your attachements the top one looks like a unibody MacBook.

What language is the keyboard for? It looks like Arabic to me.

Top cases can be ordered in any of the languages they were originally sold in.

If it is Arabic: http://www.impactcomputers.com/ab922-7435.html

Impact are a great company to work with.

5. HAS.89, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012

HAS.89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply ezramoore, true its an arabic keyboard, but thats not the problem its the layout of the buttons itself its not necessary to have the arabic, english alone is enough but in my keyboard there is an extra button next to the left side shift button and also the enter button looks different than what i saw on ebay. i just need a keyboard that has the same layout as mine.

6. ezramoore macrumors 6502a

Unless that is a 3rd party keyboard, the Apple keyboard in Arabic should have all the same buttons.

The part I linked you to is a genuine Apple part, and as such the keys should be exactly the same.

7. robgendreau macrumors 68040

Try ifixit.com; they have parts and instructions for replacing them.

8. HAS.89 thread starter macrumors newbie

All the keyboards I found have the wide enter/return button while the one i have has a thin and tall enter/return button. I dont know where to find the same.

9. ezramoore macrumors 6502a

Try shooting the Impact Computers folks an email with the link you posted here. Unless you (or someone before you) replaced that top case with a custom keyboard (which would be pretty unlikely given that the keyholes are routed out of the plastic), it is likely that Apple shipped all the Arabic top cases like that.

Have you seen other Arabic top cases that were different to yours?

10. HAS.89 thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont know I will email them and see.
    But I have also the wireless english keyboard for apple it also has the same layout as my laptop.