HELP - Macbook leopard os x update freezing on reboot

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by PYT1986, Jul 30, 2010.

1. PYT1986 macrumors newbie

I need help! I have googled for the past couple of hours but can't find exactly what I am after.

I have a macbook and I have leopard os x 10.5.2. I don't remember the last time I did a os x update (or if I ever have). But I was getting updates to download the newer version of itunes and safari (I was having trouble accessing some sites, and itunes won't let me visit the store because of safari or something.)

So I've run the system update and it says it is going to install 10.5.8, and the new version of itunes. It downloads fine and then asks me to restart. I click restart and the computer goes to the reboot type screen and a box pops up saying "Software update" and underneath it says 'Configuring Installation'. The little blue bar loads a smidge and then it sits in the one spot and doesn't move at all. I have tried this in the past and I had left the laptop for hours and came back and it hadn't moved at all. So I force quit to get back into my computer.

Now I have no idea what to do? Do I download 10.5.8 directly from the apple website? Or do I have to download 10.5.3, then 10.5.4 etc... I am really confused?

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

2. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

3. PYT1986 thread starter macrumors newbie