Help: Macbook Mid 2007 flickering display problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by D...v, Jul 17, 2009.

1. D...v macrumors newbie

my macbook has a display problem...the screen flickers something like this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhJEy2hh3SA when i move the cursor to left side on my screen...i installed windows and the problems did not happen...i clean reinstall Mac OS X Leopard but the problem still exist...please help...thanks in advance

2. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Thats odd with the windows, my screen flickers too and when I brought it in they told me it was the inverter.

And then 3 months later I spilled water on it so I'm back where I started but I didn't bother bringing it in.

3. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

Unfortunately variations of this problem seem to have been semi-prevalent in the macbooks...I would check around a little on google to see if you can find something that matches yours exactly and see if there is any solution.

4. D...v thread starter macrumors newbie

I already sent my MacBook to apple...they said that the logic board is having problem, it must be changed...however...i was wondering how can it be a logic board problem when i can use Windows without a problem...please help...thanks in advance

5. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

I don't know exactly what to tell you bro, since you said it works fine with windows...

I was going to say it's a graphics card problem, cause usually those kinds of signs are graphics card problems, but since it's fine with windows I don't know what to tell you...

Let apple do their thing, if they say the logic board is bad, then let them replace it for free lol :p