help macbook pro bad jack output?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by menonitarocker, Aug 5, 2012.

1. menonitarocker macrumors member

hi guys , i have macbook pro 2010 13''

i been using the mac without any problem , i had it hook up to some pc speakers through the audio jack with no problem , but recently i wanted to use my headphones and i cant hear nothing , well i can but sound horrible if i turn the volume all the way up ,

i tried to check the settings and everything looks fine , also tried the midi settings
    but no look , i dont know why is not working but when i was using the pc speakers was working fine

heres a recording i made , the first part is with headphones on , then removed headhpones and thats when you can hear the audio with internal speakers then again plugged in the headphones and it sound horrible , i mean i turn up the all the way and you can barely hear the audio but it sound ****ed up .

anyone know how i can fix this? it may be a hardware failure ??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_e79J8TTIk

2. menonitarocker thread starter macrumors member

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Try a different set of headphones? See if your PC speakers still work?

4. menonitarocker thread starter macrumors member

alredy tried different headphones , i even downgraded to snow leopard but its the same!

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Strange. Do you still have the PC speakers you originally used? If those still work on another computer but not on your MBP, the audio jack may be shot.