Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inmotion

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2005
Toronto
Help :(
my macbook pro just had a sudden battery problem....
it's not charging though the light on the magsafe is red and Coconut battery shows that it only hold 9% of its original charge...!
i checked it the other day and it was still at 89%
the APPLE.COM website is down too...

i need all the help i can get please!

i have a macbook pro core duo 2.0ghz with 2gig of ram
age of mac on coconut battery is 10 months and the cycles is 101

Thanks in advance

EDIT:
oke... after charging the full 9%... coconut battery says its 100% of its original charge... its actually a lot more... original was 5500mAH and now its 6533mAH and the battery meter says 23:12 ????

inmotion

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2005
Toronto
well i did the PMU reset and nothing seems changed.... time on battery is 30:42 and the charge is 6533mAH (original was suppos eto be 5500mAH)
im trying to run the laptop down on battery to see what happens...

Chile Mac

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2007
Santiago, Chile
Altough the serial number of your battery isn't in the range of Apple recall, there's a problem also with the MB and MBP batteries. In fact, I have the problem: suddenly, from a day to another, the battery of my MB (CD, 2 GHz, 1 Gb RAM) has stop charging and the computer cannot recognize it. Again, suddenly, with apparently no reasons. I went to an authorized Apple reseller and they got a compromise with me in order to change for free the battery in the next 10 days. I'm waiting it right now, in fact.
So, maybe your computer have the same problem. Bring it to a closest Apple store from you and explain the situation.
Good luck.

inmotion

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2005
Toronto
hey all
thanks for the reply,
im going to try and go to the apple store here at the eaton center and hope for the best...
right now the battery is reading 70% of original capacity...

inmotion

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2005
Toronto
:) YAY! well apple genius bar confirmed that the battery was dead sooooo i got a new battery on the spot
couldn't be happier
could i of had gotten such quick service from another laptop manufacturer?
perphaps but probably not.
cheers to apple.
thanks again for everyones replies!

Chile Mac

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2007
Santiago, Chile
:) YAY! well apple genius bar confirmed that the battery was dead sooooo i got a new battery on the spot
couldn't be happier
could i of had gotten such quick service from another laptop manufacturer?
perphaps but probably not.
cheers to apple.
thanks again for everyones replies!

Yep.. look like if your battery had been suffered the same problem than mine. Now I have a brand-new battery too and it work with no problems at all!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.