HELP! MacBook Pro does not boot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by seaw, Jun 24, 2012.

1. seaw macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I really need help. Just working on my Master Thesis and my MacBook Pro early 2008 does not boot.
    I put it to sleep and when I opened it up, black screen.
    It's not completely dead. When I power it on the disc drive makes the usual noise and the fans are going but the screen remains black and the apple logo with the chime doesn't show up.
    I already searched the web and reset the PRAM and the SMC. Switched RAM modules back and fourth. Left one module out and then the other...

Can anyone help? I already ordered the retina but that will still take a while. Don't know what to do. I really need keep on working.

Thanks everyone.

2. Mavrack macrumors member

Mavrack

Happens to me every once and a while. I just either keep trying or hold the power button for 10 seconds to force turn it off then I start it back up again. In a absolute worst case senario you could always take out your hardrive and transfer the data to another computer or take it to Apple. Hope I helped!

3. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Either take the MacBook to Apple, or remove the hard drive and connect it to another computer such as inserting it into another MacBook.