HELP! MacBook Pro doesn't like Orange Oasis!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by harryjarman, Nov 13, 2009.

1. harryjarman macrumors newbie

Ok, so in Physics, I got my MBP out, it was flat - no power what so ever - so I plug it in... immediately after plugging it in, my bottle of oasis gets knocked over and half of it is shared quite nicely between my MBP and the floor.. nice that they shared -.-

Anyway... so as soon as i realised it happened (like within a second) my mbp was in the air, dripping and out of charge.. so no power is in the battery. I rush round to the technicians (Network guys) and they help me dry it with cloths and tell me to blow dry it when i get home but to keep it up right so the oasis can escape easily.

Since this happened yesterday, the battery indicator has been flashing saying there is no power and no light comes on the magsafe charger.. but the same charger works on my sisters MB.

My question is... seeing as there was no power running around due to there being now charge or mains power.. and there is a response to pushing the battery button.. will it be ok if i leave it a couple more days or do you think the MBP or (hopefully just) the charging port is buggered?

Next available genuis bar appointment is monday, so I'm hoping it will be running by sunday (yn)

Oh btw i blow dried it for like 10 minutes when i got in because at that point it was getting really hot :/

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

The drink is probably quite sticky when spilled. You have likely royally buggered things up, and definitely voided your warranty. My local Mac shops charges a nominal $100 to even look at a laptop with a liquid spill, and then they tell you what needs fixing.

Spend the $100.