HELP! Macbook pro questions.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by akeyo, Jun 10, 2009.

1. akeyo macrumors newbie

Hello i have a, i think macbook pro early 2008 i dont know i think early 2008

it has 2 gig memory
    120 gig hard drive
    core 2 duo 2.2GHz
    4MB L2 Cache
    GeoForce 8600M GT

Its in really good shape NO dents o real visible scratches. Im looking to upgrade to a new one.

What New one should i buy i record and eddit a LOT of 1080 HD video. Not like home movies and stuff but like with Final cut express after effects the whole adobe cs4 suite I do visual effects for movies yes they are home movies but its a lot more advanced then that i also use Autodesk Maya and play sims 3 on it sometimes.

Here is my problem. I want to get the 13 inch the cheapest one and add 4 gigs of ram (get rid of the existing 2) and add a 128 GB SSD

im looking at this one
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820139005

is that macbook pro compatible?

So i want the 13 inch because if i am not at my desk i will be using it for personal stuff like typing music movies and stuff on the go and i want it more portable i have an external 22 inch HD moniter at home.

So i was looking on the site and what would be best for me should i go for the 15 inch with the 2.66 GHz and the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 256MB Would the 9600 GT speed up rendering and stuff? or will my ssd and ram affect that? is the added .40 GHZ that much faster on the processor from the 13 inch? any answers much appreciated.

2. akeyo thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

You really should look at the 15". The better screen and discrete graphics, plus extra 400MHz core speed will help you lots.

4. akeyo thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm can you answer some of my other questions. Will the graphics card make a difference?

5. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

It looks as though that SSD is indeed compatible with current MBPs. As for choosing between 15" and 13", for your needs the 15" with discreet graphics will definitely be your best option.