Help. Macbook Pro running slow..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by axejujo, Jan 28, 2009.

1. axejujo macrumors newbie

Im getting really annoyed. My macbook used to run fast and great and I had no problems but lately its been running super slow. Even when I only use 1 program, such as web browser, it runs very choppy. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? The only thing I can compare it to is what happens to a PC when its flooded with spyware and what not. Please help me. It's driving me crazy! :(

2. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

There are a few things you can try. First, I'd repair permissions. Go to spotlight and type in Disk Utility. From there, you want to select your HD. For mine, it says 232.9 GB Hitachi.....

Then make sure first aid is selected. On the bottom of that page, you should see Repair Disk Permissions. Let that run for a while and then see if it speeds up.

If that doesn't work, I recommend reformatting the drive.

3. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

You may also want to run a check disk to see if the HD is functioning properly. That us also located inside disk utility.

4. axejujo thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you

yeah I did that and it seemed to improve a bit though not 100%. Thank you for the help though :)