Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SAdProZ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Help! My girlfriend's Macbook Pro was reading a DVD when the laptop crashed. She couldn't reboot into Leopard and the DVD was stuck. She took it to the Apple store and they removed the DVD. Now it boots into Leopard but keeps making eject sounds. If I open Disk Utility it lists a DVD as mounted when there is nothing there.

How do I get the MacBook Pro from realizing there is no DVD mounted?

Thanks in advance.

SAdProZ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005

Have you tried putting in a disc and ejecting it?

also try a PRAM reset

Yeah, did SMS Reset last night and it got rid of the eject sounds (laptop was trying to eject a ghost disc) but it did not solve the issue of it thinking there was a disc inside.

So because my girlfriend is flying internationally in 2 days and needs a working laptop with no risk of failure, she bought a new 17" MacBook Pro :apple: and now I'm a jealous boyfriend ;). Anyway, I reinstalled Mac OS X Leopard on this problem laptop and now the laptop is like new with no ghost DVDs and it receives and ejects CD/DVDs like new.

Thanks for your help.

Is there any benefit to reseting PRAM now that I've done a clean reinstall of Mac OS X?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.