HELP MAcbook Wont Start UP!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by KingNush, Sep 21, 2010.

1. KingNush macrumors newbie

I Have read many forums but none work i need one on one help!

I Wanted To Use Pro Tools On My Macbook So I Had to Downgrade to 10.5
    so i stuck in the install disk restarted and nothing happened but a regualr boot up , i logged in and clicked on the disk and then clicked on restart from disk, it restarted and the screen went grey and stayed ! So I Tried Multiple Times Booting from the disk , resetting the pram, booting up in safe mode and then my last time i rebooted the folder with a question mark blinking appeared what do i do? i really dont wanna call apple. i have all installa disk 10.5 and 10.6 HELP PLEASE

2. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Press the power button and immediately press and hold the C key until the apple logo appears and activity happens then release and follow the onscreen instructions.

The question mark on your screen shows that your operating system needs to be re-installed. Did you happen to have time machine backups setup?

3. KingNush thread starter macrumors newbie

Ive Tried Nothing Happens, Ive Never Used Time Machine NEVER! What Else Is There Anything Else I Can Do .?

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

How did you go about downgrading to 10.5 ? That might explain the problem.

5. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Has your combo/SuperDrive been acting up at all? Are they factory disks or copies? Also are they device specific re-install disks because a MacBook pro 10.6 disk won't work on a MacBook.

6. KingNush thread starter macrumors newbie

I was at my desktop with nothing open but finder , i forced the quit popped in the 10.5 dvd held down c and pressed the power button , the spinning gear appeared so i let go and then it brung me to the login screen i forced the shutdown and repeated this procces with the same outcome so i logged in went to the disk under the finder devices, clicked on it and double clicked it and it said boot up disk from start up or what ever i put in my admin password and it restarted and the screen just stayed grey, the apple didnt appear so i restarted and the same happened about 8 times more over, so i tried reseting the pram and the same thing happened no reset of the chimes nothing, then i restarted and the folder appeared , then i started this forum asking for help .!

7. KingNush thread starter macrumors newbie

What Do You Mean By Combo? And yes They Are Factory Disk I Bought From A Apple Retailer , And What ? I used a 10.6 Disk On This MAcbook Once Before Becuase I Needed To Change Some Things And Once I Had To Reinstall 10.6/ im sorry im not a proffesional with macs so i bearly get what your saying but please continue to help

8. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Im simply refering to the type of cd/DVD drive in your system since i don't know your exact specs or age of your MacBook so ignore that part. Has your drive been acting flakey on you lately? Also are the disks gray? If so those are factory reformatting disk which are usually machine specific so for example a 10.6 disk for a macbook pro would not work in your "MacBook." Or this 10.5 disk could also not be for a "MacBook."

Nevertheless, pop out the 10.5 disk and let's try and isolate the issue. Since you have supposedly used the 10.6 disk pop that in and try and boot from it and install snow leopard. If successful you know it is something wrong with your 10.5 disk and to scrap your project of trying to downgrade until you get a functional disk.

9. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy